Welcome to 4 Our Military!!

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Michelle and I am an avid supporter of our Military. Here, I will be blogging about everything I have going on in the way of supporting our troops. If you too are involved in supporting our troops, I would love to hear what you are doing in your community. For the past three years, I have been a volunteer for an organization called 'Adopt A US Soldier'. They are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that allows you to sign up to "adopt" a soldier that is deployed and in need of some support. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me. Please direct all mail to MDawn213@aol.com. Thank you all for your support!!

Project Frontlines (Project #1 that I am currently working on)

Project Frontlines is one of the two projects that I am currently working on. This was started by Kylie Johnson and Mark Klodzinski. We then worked together and have made it an official part of 'Adopt A US Soldier'. What is Project Frontlines? We have a unit in Afghanistan that is in a very remote location. Through Project Frontlines, these men and women in uniform will receive donations from supporters around the world. For more information or to donate, please visit the Adopt A US Soldier website. We have just received a HUGE donation of 1,500 bags of coffee and it is going to cost A LOT to ship over to our troops. PLEASE consider donating for shipping costs. Every amount counts!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things are coming along for our 3d ID Soldiers

Ok...so yesterday I got a call from my contact at the USO and they have 12 cartons of supplies for us (toilet paper, qtips, deodarent, razors, etc.)! That's awesome! The only downfall, I have NOWHERE to put it all. I then decided to call some storage units in the area and see if any of them would be willing to donate one of their units for a couple months. I got the call just about a half hour ago...we got a 10x10 storage unit for as long as we need it :) I am very excited. To get all the stuff from the USO, we have to go to HAAF (Hunter Army Air Field) in Savannah, which is about an hour away. Right now, the plan is for us to head up there tomorrow. Meg will get the tags for the trailer first thing in the morning, and we will be on our way :) And as always, I will take my camera with us and take plenty of pictures for you all.

Michelle & Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment